Mashed potatoes are a classic Thanksgiving staple. However, most recipes are high in saturated fat, as they call for a fair amount of butter and milk. This cauliflower alternative is a unique take on mashed potatoes, and replaces the dairy with coconut milk. Plus, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of your daily recommended value of Vitamin C – perfect to keep you from getting sick this winter.
Try it out!
- 2 heads of cauliflower, split and crumbled
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 c. cashews, crushed
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
How To Make It
- Heat a large saucepan with coconut oil. Add the crumbled cauliflower and crushed cashews.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring every so often to coat the cauliflower.
- Remove from heat and mash mixture in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!